Your home maintenance checks to be done twice annually!
Turning clocks back is a necessity during autumn. As clock changes happen twice a year, it brings the perfect time to check the safety features of your home!
While you spring forward and fall back with the clocks, you should be reviewing your home maintenance. Updating your home with simple steps, such as fresh batteries in the fire alarm, help to ensure that your home is kept safe and sound throughout the year!
- Replace batteries in smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Swap out old light bulbs for modern energy-efficient ones.
- Check furnace filters.
- Clean out clothes dryer filters to reduce the risk of fire.
- Restock your first aid and emergency kits, replacing expired food items, water, or medication.
- Update the emergency kit for your pet.
- Switch the direction of your ceiling fans (in spring and summer, they should turn counterclockwise, in winter they should turn clockwise to force warmer air down).
- Check your household plumbing, including sinks, toilets, showers, tubs, in the basement and behind the washer.
- Give your car a thorough check for burned-out bulbs, worn wiper blades, or fluids that need to be topped off.
- Update your home inventory so that it reflects your homeowners insurance!
Reviewing your homeowners insurance policy allows you to maintain the full coverage that you need in case of a peril such as fire, hail damage, theft, or vandalism.
At Udell Family Insurance, we ensure that you have the correct Westlake Village, California policy for your home and car so that you are covered year-round! Contact us today to find out how you can save on your policy!