Make your heath a priority by scheduling these preventative health tests and screenings this year.
As you get older, your chances of developing a serious medical condition increases significantly. The best way to care for your health is by monitoring various aspects of your health with the proper tests and screenings. Here are some of the preventative medical tests you should schedule this year.
1) Prostate Exam: A prostate exam is one of the only ways to screen for prostate cancer. All men over the age of 50 should speak to their doctors about scheduling this exam. If prostate cancer runs in your family, you should ask about scheduling your exam earlier.
1) Mammogram: Mammograms are the best method to screen for breast cancer. All women over the age of 50 should schedule their yearly mammogram. If breast cancer runs in your family, then you should speak to your doctor about scheduling your mammogram earlier.
2) Pap Smear: A pap smear is a procedure that checks for human papillomavirus (HPV) and cervical cancer. Women between the ages of 30 and 65 should schedule a pap smear every 3-5 years.
For Men and Women
1) Colonoscopy: Colonoscopies are a procedure used to screen for colon cancer. Everyone over 50 should speak to their doctor about scheduling their colonoscopy.
2) Eye Exam: The older you are, the higher your risk for developing a debilitating eye disease of suffering from worsening eyesight. That’s why everyone, regardless of age, should have a regular eye exam every 2 years.
3) Immunizations: As you age, your body weakens and it becomes harder to fight off infection and disease. That’s why it’s so important to stay up-to-date with your immunizations. You should get your flu shot every year and your tetanus booster every 10. Additionally, you should ask your doctor about the vaccines for whooping cough, shingles, and Hepatitis A and B.
These are some of the medical tests and screenings that you should schedule this year. Want another way to make your health a priority? Then make sure you have the right health insurance to meet your needs. To get the coverage you need, contact the team at Udell Family Insurance in Westlake, California. Our dedicated experts are ready to assist you with all your insurance needs.