The novel coronavirus has changed everyone’s lives drastically. Social distancing and disinfection are some of the most used safety tips during the coronavirus pandemic. The number of people stepping out of their homes has reduced drastically, and the ones who do step out are doing so for unavoidable reasons.
What should the drivers and passengers of rideshare do to ensure their safety during the coronavirus pandemic? Here are some tips for both.
Safety Tips for Rideshare Drivers
- Do not drive while sick: It’s better to stay home than go out and risk infecting others in the present scenario. Cough, fever, runny nose, shortness of breath, sore throat, etc. are some of the symptoms of COVID-19.
- Clean your car frequently: Get a heavy-duty disinfectant cleaner for your car and clean every nook and corner every day. In addition to this, always keep sanitizers and antibacterial wipes in your car and wipe down commonly touched surfaces.
Safety Tips for Customers Using Rideshare
- Do not take rideshare when sick: Whether you are a driver or a client, it is always better to stay at home even if you have any one of the symptoms.
- Sanitize: Sanitize your hands before and after entering the vehicle and also during the ride. You should also use face masks. Use a tissue when sneezing.
- Tip the driver: The number of rides has reduced drastically owing to the pandemic, and drivers’ income has dipped. Do your part and tip them generously if you can.
If you are driving or riding rideshare during the coronavirus pandemic, make sure that you follow the safety tips mentioned above. Right now is also the best time to get comprehensive health insurance for you as well as your loved ones. To learn more about insurance details, contact the experts at Udell Family Insurance. We are ready to assist you with all your coverage needs today.