Thanksgiving is about family, food, and being thankful, but it should also be about safety. Thanksgiving is one of most common days for fires and other mishaps because of the amount of cooking that is being done and the amount of people gathering on this day. Here are some easy safety tips to make sure you and your Thanksgiving guests have a safe holiday celebration.
- Do not leave candles unattended or leave children alone with candles or matches.
- Make sure your smoke detectors are working by testing them and putting in new batteries if they need them.
- Keep the floor clear, to prevent trips and falls.
- Stay in the kitchen when using the stove and other appliances.
- Stay at home when cooking the turkey and check on it regularly to make sure it is cooking right.
- Keep children away from the stove and hot foods or liquids to limit the risk of burns.
- Do not give your pet raw turkey or other raw foods like desert batters or bread dough.
- If you feed your furry friend from the table, do not give them too much because it may make them sick.
- Make sure you know if anything you are using to cook is dangerous to your animals and make sure they do not eat anything that could be poisonous to them.
Contact Udell Family Insurance in Westlake Village for all your California insurance needs. Keep your loved ones, both human and four-legged, safe this Thanksgiving holiday by keeping these simple safety tips in mind. Get a policy today for added holiday coverage!