While your vehicle’s manufacturer will usually recommend or dictate the maintenance type and schedule for commercial vehicles, there are ways you can take protecting your commercial or company car into your own hands. Taking preventative measures can be a good way to keep the vehicles you use well-tuned and running properly. Here are some easy preventative measures that you can take.
- Ensure the floor of the car is free of obstructions like tools or other loose items.
- Regularly inspect seat belts to make sure they are in good shape.
- Make sure all instruments, heaters, defrosters, and windshield wipers are working properly by starting the engine and checking them.
- Inspect the brakes, steering, and gauges or indicators regularly so you can see if anything needs repairs.
- Check the headlights, body lights, signals, mirrors, and tires in order to make sure they are all working which will help prevent accidents.
- Check the recommended maintenance schedule and ensure that the vehicle is routinely serviced.
- Keep a folder of all the history of vehicle maintenance for easy reference.
Contact Udell Family Insurance in Westlake Village for all your California insurance needs. Take the necessary preventative measures to protect your car. Get a policy today and make sure your car has the coverage it needs.