Having your home broken into and having items stolen can be very upsetting, but there are easy ways to make your home less of a target for thieves. Make your home or apartment less appealing to thieves by keeping in mind these simple tips.
- Invest in a good door and avoid doors with glass panes because they can present security problems.
- Install deadbolts on all exterior doors.
- Secure windows and sliding patio doors with locks made specifically for them.
- Make sure the outside of your house has sufficient lighting which will deter burglars.
- Do not open the door for strangers or rely on chain locks to see who is at the door, because doing so makes it easier for burglars to force their way into your home.
- Change the locks if people you do not know may have keys to your house.
- Do not give keys to anyone you do not know very well.
- Always lock your doors regardless of how long you will be gone.
Contact Udell Family Insurance in Westlake Village for all your California homeowners insurance needs. Keep these tips in mind and make your home more secure against break-ins. Give your home even more protection and get a policy today.