Finding car insurance for your modified car may seem like an impossible task, but it is actually a lot easier than you may think.
So you have just added a supercharger, racing spoiler, racing flames, and hydraulic suspension to your personal car. Your car essentially looks like something out of the Fast and Furious franchise. You may think that finding auto insurance is a task that is only possible to Vin Diesel, but finding a policy may be easier than you think.
Equipment Coverage and Customized Parts
Auto insurance can generally cover damage done to the following car parts:
- Personal computers, Internet access, and navigation systems
- Telephones, televisions, and video entertainment systems
- Special carpeting or insulation
- Furniture or bars
- Body, engine, exhaust, or suspension enhancers
- Radios, citizens band radios, and scanners
- Height-extending roofs
- Custom murals, paintings, or other decals or graphics
- Winches, anti-roll, or anti-sway bars
- Custom grills, louvers, side pipes, hood scoops, or spoilers
- Custom wheels, tires, or spinners
- Custom chrome and paint
- Stereo, sound reproducing, sound recording, and television equipment
Why Do People Assume Car Insurance Is Difficult to Acquire?
When people think of modified cars, they perceive vehicles that will perform drifts and travel at dangerous speeds. The majority of car enthusiasts who modify their cars are simply hobbyists who love good engines, elaborate paint jobs, and shiny chrome or matte black finishes.